Walking. Jogging. Hiking. Running. The choice is yours.
Whatever your preference, we’re encouraging you to get outside for your heart and for your health. Research has shown that walking 30 minutes a day has many health benefits. Plus, it’s easy, cheap and fun.
Remember, walking isn’t just good for your health; it’s good for your heart and joy!
- Spending time in the great outdoors gives your body a boost of Vitamin D and energy.
- Walking helps you tone up and keeps your weight in check.
- Boost your metabolism and strengthen your heart with cardio.
- Getting outside for a stroll helps you find joy in the beauty around you.
- Walking helps improve your blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
- Walking may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease, osteoporosis, breast cancer, colon cancer and type 2 Diabetes.
Walking Ideas for You and Yours
Bored with your regular walks or just not interested in going on one? Try these new ideas to help get your exercise and have fun while doing it:
- Sunrise stroll. Get up early, grab your coffee, pup or loved one, and take a walk watching the beauty of the new day upon you.
- Sunset sit. Go somewhere with a beautiful view and walk around until it’s time to sit down on a rock or bench and enjoy the peace of a sunset while you reflect on your day.
- Changes of the season. With each new season, choose a walk that will allow you to appreciate the dawn of a new chapter, watching for the changing leaves, animals and smells that accompany each new season.
- Local tourist attractions. Still haven’t explored the touristy areas of town? Make an afternoon of walking around the town centre, neighbourhood or tourist areas you’ve yet to experience.
- Charity walk. Sign up for a local charity walk that means something to you. You’ll help the community and yourself while enjoying a fun, unique take on a popular walking path.
- Park walk. Grab your camera and enjoy a lovely stroll through a park, snapping photos of nature along the way.
Remember, 30 minutes is just 2% of your day, you can do it. So, make time for yourself and go explore this beautiful world!