There are many chiropractic techniques that focus specifically on the neck because of its benefits.
If you’ve tried to refer a friend or family member to our practice, you may have encountered some incorrect views or ideas about chiropractic. Here’s the truth about one of the safest, most effective forms of natural health care:
Here are the facts:
- A study published in the journal Spine observes, “There is no increased risk related to chiropractic treatment in the heated debate about whether neck adjustments can trigger a rare type of stroke. Researchers say patients are no more likely to suffer a stroke following a visit to a chiropractor than they would after an appointment with their medical doctor.”
- Current research shows there is no scientific evidence establishing a causal relationship between stroke and chiropractic adjustments.
- Chiropractic malpractice insurance premiums are among the lowest of health care professionals because chiropractic patient risk is so low.
- Research recently published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal reports the risk at one in 5,000,000 patient treatments. These estimates are far below the risks commonly associated with many other medical and pharmaceutical interventions.
Chiropractic has helped millions of people over the years and many experts agree that neck adjustments may be critical in relieving many patient conditions. There are even types of chiropractic that focus specifically on the neck because of its benefits.
There are times when adjusting the neck is not warranted and we will know when that is. At the same time, disallowing a chiropractic adjustment on the neck when warranted could be like allowing only one or two of your car’s wheels to get aligned.
As with any procedure performed on a human’s body there are risks, but with chiropractic adjustments rest assured that risk is proven to be minimal and is considered safe.
If you’re suffering from neck pain, let us do an examination and together we can determine if chiropractic might help you!
2. College of Chiropractors of British Columbia (CCBC)